Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Coffeeneuring 2017 - Fifth Cup at the Salmon Hole

A lovely spot to break out the chair.
For my fifth Coffee Shop Without Walls installment I hooked up with Carmen, of rogue beerenuering fame, at Lone Sailor Park then we pedaled to the Salmon Hole on the last warm afternoon before high winds knocked down trees and created power outages all over Vermont.

Once my coffee is brewed, Carmen pours her coffee flavored stout.
The Salmon Hole is a tributary to Lake Champlain, thus satisfying my water view theme, which, this year, has included rivers. The ledges are sheltered in warmth and we have a fine view of the old Winooski Mill buildings and bridge. Carmen also reminded me there's a fish elevator, or lift, on the other side that aims to restore fish populations.

Carmen displays her "Always Be Coffeeneuring" patch.
I mentioned to Carmen that I have to be careful about location because my stove functions best in sheltered spots. I didn't realize that Carmen also has concerns. She must be discreet with her beer in public, thus the brown bag disguise. Once her drink is poured into a glass, however, her beer could easily pass for root beer.

 Cheers to coffee and coffee stout!

Annie pushes her bike back up the trail. (Carmen, thanks for the photo.)
The Place: Salmon Hole
Date: Saturday, October 28
Drink: Cafe Bustelo
Observation:  Coffeeneuring is more fun with a friend.
Total Miles: 7 

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Thinking about a coffee stout meself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie you may make a coffee without walls convert of me yet, the beerenuering I already do each Sunday with a ride to the Farmers Market and a stop at the Beer Junction ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about this - "She must be discreet with her beer in public, thus the brown bag disguise. Once her drink is poured into a glass, however, her beer could easily pass for root beer." Is this to do with another of your weird laws? No offence intended!! I'm sure we've got plenty of weird ones here too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is illegal in Vermont (and perhaps many other states) to consume alcoholic beverages in public spaces.

      Delete
    2. So what is root beer? I thought maybe you had meant you could drink one kind of beer in public but not another!

      Delete
    3. Root beer is a soft drink. Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_beer

      Delete

Due to increased Spam, I am moderating comments. Thank you for your patience.